Looking for a fishing trip and a guide north of here during April

Aaron O

Feb 16, 2014, 11:08:42 PM2/16/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
So I may be visiting the Long Island area coming this April or May.  I'm interested in possibly finding a guide for a day trip there. Has anyone used a guide in the area?  Could you give any suggestions?  I would also be interested in any fishing location or suggestions on the way.  Let me know your thoughts,

Aaron

namfos

Feb 17, 2014, 1:27:29 PM2/17/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Connetquot State Park on LI.

Message has been deleted

Aaron O

Feb 18, 2014, 12:43:00 AM2/18/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Hey Mark,

      Definitely thinking about it.  Already know about that park along with two other well known trout rivers.  I am also considering going another direction and getting a guide for fishing Montauk for stripers, weakfish and bluefish.  have not decided yet.  Anyone know any guides?

Yambag Nelson

Feb 18, 2014, 12:39:44 PM2/18/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
If you are going to trout fish, I wouldn't waste your money on a guide.  Really not necessary.

Herman Yam

Feb 23, 2014, 2:17:57 PM2/23/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Hey Aaron  -
If you're going to go saltwater in Long Island, you'd probably do better in May.  It's too cold for much in the way of striper, weakfish, fluke action until then.  I never hired any of these guys privately, but these guys were extremely helpful providing on-water guidance at the Salty Flyrodders or NY Conclave I went to a few years ago. We were fishing out at Greenport on the North Shore.

- Herman