Book Suggestions Bay Fishing

Matt Geiman

Jul 12, 2014, 12:01:08 PM7/12/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Hello all! I would like to start exploring some of the fly fishing opportunities in the Chesapeake and tidal tribs. I am particularly interested in the Eastern Shore, Northern Neck , and Middle Peninsula areas. I have fished this area's freshwater for over 20 years, but have limited knowledge of the tidal fishery with exception to the local Potomac. I am looking a getting a sturdy canoe that will hopefully open up a lot of areas.

Do any of you have any recommendations on guide books etc... to help me learn locations/launch points/ seasonal patterns?

Thanks!

Matt

Ernie

Jul 13, 2014, 4:51:13 PM7/13/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Don't know about any books but I would go out with Chris Newsome for a day to get ahead of the learning curve for that area. There is a lot of water to cover down that way.

Ernie

namfos

Jul 14, 2014, 8:29:53 AM7/14/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com