In case of blizzard, do nothing

TurbineBlade

Jan 23, 2016, 6:17:38 PM1/23/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/23/opinion/in-case-of-blizzard-do-nothing.html?_r=1

Harsh weather uncovers a beautiful truth of society -- that nothing you'll ever accomplish in your career is important to anyone, no one really knows what the hell is going on, everything is ephemeral, and you might as well just spend time with family and friends and fish as much as possible before you're dead.

I'm completely exhaused from shoveling snow, but we managed to feed and photograph a LOT of birds (including a great pair of Towhees).  Tied about 40 brassie soft hackles in size 10-16.  A few stewart spiders using "ring" feathers from a ringneck pheasant Beth shot 3 years ago.  Great day -- way better than stupid work.

Gene

namfos

Jan 24, 2016, 9:39:22 AM1/24/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Love it. You're a full-blown curmudgeon. ;-)

May you live a long life of tight lines and dry socks, Gene & Beth.

Mark

On Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 6:17:38 PM UTC-5, TurbineBlade wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/23/opinion/in-case-of-blizzard-do-nothing.html?_r=1

Harsh weather uncovers a beautiful truth of society ...Great day -- way better than stupid work.