Claude Moore Park Ponds

Jeff Tranguch

Jun 24, 2014, 12:25:16 PM6/24/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Anyone ever fish the ponds at Claude Moore Park? I will be staying in that area in a couple weeks and was wondering if it's worth bringing the fly rod along.

Many thanks.

Jeff

Message has been deleted

Bob R

Jun 24, 2014, 2:26:41 PM6/24/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I spent the day there a few summers ago.  My girlfriend and I both came out covered with chiggers.  I didn't catch anything, but it was mid summer and I'm sure the pond water was hot and stagnant. I've had good results fishing the river nearby in Sterling and Landsdown.

John Hoey

Jun 24, 2014, 3:44:49 PM6/24/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I just moved out to the Loudoun area and was wondering the same thing about Claude Moore Park. Bob, is that the Goose Creek golf course area or the Broad Run river you are referring to?

Bob R

Jun 24, 2014, 4:46:24 PM6/24/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
John I've fished both with success.  Goose Creek at Kephart Bridge Landing in Landsdown off of Riverpoint Dr.  I've caught smallmouth from the landing down stream.  To access Broad Run and the Potomac (channel behind the island) I use Bles Park off of Riverside Pkwy and usually fish the area where they converge.

John Hoey

Jun 24, 2014, 4:50:27 PM6/24/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Great thank you for the information! Looking forward to getting out there. Much appreciated.

Jeff Tranguch

Jun 25, 2014, 9:45:43 AM6/25/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the tips guys. I was in Manassas last week on some of the ponds there...ended up covered in ticks so I won't be heading to the ponds at Claude Moore. Will try the other spots though...thanks for your help.