Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Vince

no leída,
30 may 2015, 10:16:5130/5/15
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Hey!  I am taking a group of friends up to the West Branch of the Delaware next weekend (Friday through Monday).  We have two riverside cabins reserved and could likely fit an extra guy or two in if anyone wants to tag along to spread out the cost.  You can either hang out with us or not, up to you!

Vince

Brian

no leída,
1 jun 2015, 8:34:571/6/15
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Wish I could!  Just got back from a trip there on Memorial Day weekend.  Best bugs I've seen up there, but we usually go a couple weeks earlier.  West Branch was pretty low, but the holes around the bend below the cabins were fishing well.  Enjoy!

Vince

no leída,
1 jun 2015, 21:55:481/6/15
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the report!

Vince

Yambag Nelson

no leída,
2 jun 2015, 7:23:282/6/15
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I was also on the delaware system memorial day weekend and agree that the bugs were very good.  Fishing was tough as low water, sun, and educated fish made for a difficul combination.

Vince

no leída,
12 jun 2015, 0:07:4012/6/15
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Just to follow up on this post, we ended up having five of us attend.  Water was really low (300 cfs) meaning drifting during the day was out of the question.  I did tow my boat up so we got up at 5:00 AM Saturday and Sunday to drift a section and throw big streamers before anyone else was on the river.  Didn't land anything on Sunday, but there was a little rain on Friday night so the river was cloudy on Saturday morning.  We rolled about 15 nice trout and landed three.

As for the rest of the weekend very little activity on top, but nymphing ended up being the ticket.  I landed over 30 fish over the two and a half days, an epic weekend on the West Branch!  I have attached a couple pictures of the best fish.

If folks can get up to the West Branch of the Delaware at some point it is an incredible fishery with big fish and big hatches.  If you time it right, it can be incredible!  That being said in years past we have had weekends where we only landed 2 or 3 fish among us, so patience is key!  I can also vouch for the folks at West Branch Angler, they are a great group of folks and have a great set up right on the river.

Vince

On Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 10:16:51 AM UTC-4, Vince wrote:
fish3.jpg
fish2.jpg
fish.jpg

Brian

no leída,
12 jun 2015, 10:27:1412/6/15
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
very nice!  I have yet to have an epic weekend like that but as you say, it's good to walk away from the west branch without being skunked!  some of those guys at the West Branch Angler are nymphophobs!

Richard Farino

no leída,
12 jun 2015, 10:32:1812/6/15
a Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
For good reason.  The WB doesn’t have particularly great pocket water.  Besides – when you have that many targets on top, why use an nymph?

If your idea of fun is catching fish watching an indicator, you’re going to have tough time fishing the long pools on the D.

Richard Farino

Urban Angler VA 108 N. Washington Street  2nd Floor | Alexandria, VA 22314 Google_Maps_Marker

(703) 527-2524 | fax: (703) 527-3313ric...@urbanangler.com  urban-signature-facebook  urban-signature-twitter

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Yambag Nelson

no leída,
12 jun 2015, 13:37:5612/6/15
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I was up there over memorial day, and unless you were willing to nymph, you were to going to have LONG stretches of no fish.  I stuck with dries and don't think I caught a single fish between noon and 7pm in four days of fishing.  I didn't spend much time on the west, but the guys I talked to indicated it was the same story over there.

From: Brian <brianr...@hotmail.com>
Date: Friday, June 12, 2015 at 10:27 AM
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders <tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: West Branch Delaware Trip Next Weekend

very nice!  I have yet to have an epic weekend like that but as you say, it's good to walk away from the west branch without being skunked!  some of those guys at the West Branch Angler are nymphophobs!

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Vince

no leída,
12 jun 2015, 14:47:3312/6/15
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Rich - Completely agree on fishing dries at the WB...never seen anything like it and fish them almost religiously up there. Tell me how many other places on the East Coast that you have a great chance of catching an 18"+ trout on a size 22 BWO :)

That being said, I have to admit I enjoyed catching that 20" brown plenty enough even though it was on a nymph!!
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos