HAPPY BIRTHDAY TPFR!!! 12 years today!!

Daniel Davala

Apr 1, 2021, 12:40:47 PM4/1/21
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Greetings from Vermont!  I just wanted to say a quick HAPPY BIRHTDAY to TPFR today.  I still remember the first meeting of 9 people on a cold and rainy April 1 of 2009.  I am so thankful for all the years we had together, and I am so grateful to you all for keeping the club going.

I still read the posts almost every day, and I am always so pleased to see how TPFR continues to be such a helpful and welcoming resource to anglers of any ability.  Keep up the great work!!  And please, keep the shad posts coming.  No shad up here in landlocked VT - so I have to get my fix vicariously through you all.  Hope to see you all again soon!

All the Very Best,

Dan Davala and the Family

Gregg Rockett

Apr 1, 2021, 1:08:34 PM4/1/21
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Miss Dan Davala down here.  I bought my first Orvis Fly Rod set up from him in the Clarendon store (Helios in both a five and eight wt).  My wife also bought me my first fly tying kit and his business card is still in the box!

I am a member of a number of fishing forums and FB fishing groups.  The TPFR group is the nicest, most helpful bunch of people!  Every request for guidance is responded to cheerfully and graciously.  Thanks to all!

Gregg Rockett

Owen Williams

Apr 2, 2021, 7:59:10 AM4/2/21
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thank you for launching this community, Dan. I have found it a welcoming group who is always looking for ways to include newbies. Always a super place to share knowledge about where to go and what to tie on. During this last year especially, it has been a saving grace during some challenging times.

As we start seeing nicer weather, let's make a point of inviting the "fly curious" out to Fletchers for Casting Church!

Best,
Owen

Lee Butler

Apr 3, 2021, 10:00:50 AM4/3/21
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Hard to believe its been that long!  Good times !