Stockers at Wintergreen

darbrewe

Mar 7, 2019, 10:10:29 AM3/7/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Spent a few days at Wintergreen last week. Was hoping to get up to Stoney Creek for brookies but it was blown out from some very heavy rain.
WG stocks one of their ponds with rainbows. 3 aerators have been installed in the pond. It's a great resource, well managed and under utilized.
I went on 2 different days. The 1st day it took me a few hrs to figure out that they were into salmon egg imitations, then game on.
Caught about 2 dozen over the 2 days.
20190228_163639.jpg
20190228_165107.jpg

Luke Morrison

Mar 7, 2019, 9:37:39 PM3/7/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Did you keep them all? How’d they fight? That’s a nice put and take resource! Hopefully they were good eating.

Andrew Sarcinello

Mar 8, 2019, 9:26:08 AM3/8/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Forgive my ignorance, but what is Wintergreen?

Nice job, looks like a fun time!

Cary Pugh

Mar 9, 2019, 2:54:01 PM3/9/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Wintergreen is a vacation resort south of Charlottesville in the blue ridge mountains -- winter skiing (if you are not picky about snow) and warmer weather golf, hiking etc.

Andrew Sarcinello

Mar 10, 2019, 9:06:38 AM3/10/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks!