Scouting the Occoquan

HeaveToo

Sep 26, 2013, 3:17:21 PM9/26/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I checked the back of the Occoquan for stripers today.  No luck!

They aren't releasing enough water from the dam to create the right current.  I hate it when they do this.  They did this last fall and they did it a lot so the run never really developed as it did a few years ago.  Last year they were working on the dam but they aren't working on it right now.  I wonder why they aren't releasing the water.

I really hope things ramp up and start working right so the stripers come in there this year.

Sardman

Sep 26, 2013, 3:53:51 PM9/26/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
we are in draught conditions. Even the Potomac is well below 3 ft at Little Falls.
M.

TurbineBlade

Sep 26, 2013, 4:15:35 PM9/26/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Did you get into anything else or see anyhing out there?  I've been thinking of hitting that area.

HeaveToo

Sep 26, 2013, 4:55:31 PM9/26/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
A few bream.  Nothing big.