Back to Fishing

TAEHWAN KIM

Dec 28, 2014, 8:10:10 PM12/28/14
to TPFR

Hello folks,

I finally had some time to fish recently. I had a 6 month long project that kept me away from fishing.

I was fishing at the 4 MR a couple of days ago and saw a fly fisher catching a bluegill almost every cast by the bridge piling.

I used a carbon fiber pole with bait and was able to catch various species.

Tight Lines,

Todd

20141226_154802.jpg
IMG_0569.JPG
20141226_134853-1.jpg
20141226_143753.jpg
20141228_164947.jpg
IMG_0586.JPG

Misha Gill

Dec 29, 2014, 9:30:55 AM12/29/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com, tod...@naver.com
Does anyone else suspect that these carp are a different version of carp than the common carp? I remember reading about roach in my giant "Encyclopedia of Fishing" book when I was a kid. My understanding from the book was that roach were most commonly found in Europe. I do remember catching them in Verona Park in New Jersey though.

namfos

Dec 29, 2014, 9:52:02 AM12/29/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com, tod...@naver.com
Todd: you clearly don't need any help from the other carpers here. But 20141228_164947.jpg looks much like it's some other carp species as Misha points out.

Misha: you're from Jersey too?

Mark (Exit 135, Clark Griswold)

Rob Snowhite

Dec 29, 2014, 10:23:43 AM12/29/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com, tod...@naver.com
Crucian and mirror carp.

Haven't seen a mirror in there before, looks a little like the ornamental fish Remick pulled out a few  years back.

Remick

Dec 30, 2014, 10:08:28 AM12/30/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com, tod...@naver.com
Ha that was such a freak fish. I'll have to look around and see if I have the pic somewhere.