Colorado Springs

Justin Schiavone

May 19, 2015, 10:51:45 AM5/19/15
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Hey TPFRs,

Has anyone fished in Colorado Springs area?

Perhaps some of the military folk, have you had to travel to Peterson Airforce base?

Any scoop would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Justin

Steve F

May 19, 2015, 2:35:42 PM5/19/15
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Lots of very good water not too far away.  Check out the Arkansas for lower pressure numbers or the South Platte for a chance at some serious trophies. Cheeseman, Deckers, Elevenmile, and Spinney Mtn Ranch are good places to start your research on the Platte.  Some very smart trout in that river so bring your A game.

Justin Schiavone

May 19, 2015, 4:03:49 PM5/19/15
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Steve, I appreciate the feedback.

zogby...@gmail.com

May 19, 2015, 9:36:06 PM5/19/15
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
What Steve said. Came back from a week-long trip based out of Denver. Fished Big Thompson, Deckers and 11 Mile Canyon sections of South Platte, plus the Blue in Breckenridge and Gray Reef section of North Platte.

We received persistent rain so focused on fishing the higher elevation options. I really enjoyed 11 Mile Canyon. Lots of beautiful browns and rainbows. Good bwo hatches and some caddis activity. Scored consistently with bwo emerger patterns fished with split shot under an indicator. Also had luck with chartreuse copper johns and other rockworm patterns. You are going to have a blast.

Matthew Pollard

May 21, 2015, 12:20:30 AM5/21/15
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Hey Justin,

Colorado Springs is my home town!  I lived right around the corner from Petersons.  Of the places mentioned, I would give Eleven Mile a shot.  If you have a choice I would stay in the Springs as it is less expensive than Denver.  If you are wanting to get into any warm water action, you may want to look into Pueblo Reservoir.  Wipers are active this time of year in the reservoirs.  Enjoy your stay, it is beautiful out there this time of year!

Justin Schiavone

May 21, 2015, 8:29:55 AM5/21/15
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Awesome. That's beautiful. Thanks so much for the input everyone. It's much appreciated!