Rock Creek Park

William Hea

Jun 25, 2017, 5:10:23 PM6/25/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Had some fun going after smallmouth and bluegill in Rock Creek Park. The summer vegetation was rough, lost all the woolly buggers I tied last week and had a heckuva time getting to the water with a fly rod in some spots.There's some big catfish near the Calvert Street bridge but they have great visibility to every approach to the water, just trying to see the water from the trail spooks them. I'll be trying to solve that puzzle the rest of the summer if anyone has any suggestions.

Brian Cohen

Jun 25, 2017, 7:59:04 PM6/25/17
to Carl Z.
William, we must have been out at different times in Rock Creek today.  I went out at first light, and caught this guy just below the zoo with my second cast - on an Olive Woolly Bugger.  That was my only fish of the day - I had a bunch of bluegills aggressively hitting my poppers, but no sign of any bass.

--
http://www.tpfr.org

IMG_20170625_064636.jpg

William Hea