GOING TO BE IN THE ANNAPOLIS, MD AREA NEXT WEEK DOING ARMY TRAINING

James.Jimenez

Sep 22, 2016, 8:30:33 AM9/22/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Good evening everyone.
I am going to be in the Annapolis area 25 September - 01 October doing som Army training. I am looking for some much needed info. I have never been to this part of the country and I am looking forward to weeping some fly line while I am there. I have looked up some info on the inter web and this is where I was sent to ask for info.

What type of fish should I be targeting?
What weight rods should I bring?
Types of flies?
How much is a license gonna run me?

I am not looking for any secret or hot spots, just a general direction to head to get into some fish. I should be out of training at approx. 3pm daily. The Army has given me a rental car so I can drive each evening. Thank you all in advance for any info you can provide.

Nedak

Sep 22, 2016, 11:52:07 AM9/22/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
James-

This site will give you some ideas about the Chesapeake Bay.

http://dnr.maryland.gov/fisheries/Pages/fishingreport/index.aspx

Consensus for Potomac/Chesapeake area is 6-8wt.  That is saltwater fishing in the Chesapeake, smallie/carp fishing in the Potomac.  Clousers and bass flies are all that are needed.

Others can make appropriate recommendations if you are chasing  brook trout in Shenandoah National Park and the surrounding area.

Maryland fishing license costs:  http://dnr2.maryland.gov/Pages/service_fishing_license.aspx

James.Jimenez

Sep 25, 2016, 10:41:38 PM9/25/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Picked up my license as soon as I landed. WHOS FISHING IN THE EVENINGS THIS WEEK? Naval Academy Area

James.Jimenez

Sep 29, 2016, 12:36:48 PM9/29/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 8:30:33 AM UTC-4, James.Jimenez wrote:
image.jpeg

Bob Smith

Sep 29, 2016, 1:14:37 PM9/29/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders