25.25 x 17.5 Smallie in VA

Charlie Church

Sep 16, 2019, 12:09:34 PM9/16/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Anyone else see this absolute unit of a smallie from the weekend?

Stats are below:
Guide: Blane Chocklett
Angler: Brian Strife
Length: 25.25
Girth: 17.5

I believe the length x girth calculation puts the fish over 9 pounds which would be state record had it been killed. Props to them for releasing it.

spst...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2019, 12:20:00 PM9/16/19
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Holy frijoles. That’s a frickin’ monster. The Trow brothers are good dudes. Nice fly shop in Harrisonburg, too.

Outside the Upper Potomac smallie fishery – whose woes we’re all aware of – it seems like Shenandoah waters are doing pretty well this year. I’m going out on the ‘doah again in early October with Travis Edens. Pretty excited.

-Sean

--
http://www.tpfr.org

John Hammill

Sep 16, 2019, 2:20:07 PM9/16/19
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Charlie I saw one VERY similar with Ahab Outfitters, but it was kind of whitish.

Sent from my iPhone

N Elgas

Sep 16, 2019, 9:25:32 PM9/16/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
This was the James not the doah,  mossy creek just gave another guide props,   This was caught by one of Blaine's clients.  I argee with yoru statements about the mossy creek guys, but just clearing up who caught it and where.  on top water too

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 12:20:00 PM UTC-4, spst...@gmail.com wrote:

Holy frijoles. That’s a frickin’ monster. The Trow brothers are good dudes. Nice fly shop in Harrisonburg, too.

Outside the Upper Potomac smallie fishery – whose woes we’re all aware of – it seems like Shenandoah waters are doing pretty well this year. I’m going out on the ‘doah again in early October with Travis Edens. Pretty excited.

-Sean

Sean Steele

Sep 16, 2019, 9:27:59 PM9/16/19
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
My bad! Thanks for clarification.

-Sean

Sep 17, 2019, 9:01:08 AM9/17/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Missy creek is a really nice shop and the guys I have met who worked there have been nice, but they can be a bit disingenuous with their reports.
Message has been deleted