2nd Annual TPFR Bluegill Tournemant Winners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trent Jones

Sep 10, 2017, 10:12:57 AM9/10/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Ladies, Gentlemen, TPFR members and pan fish enthusiast,s

The results are in for the 2nd annual TPFR Bluegill Tournament. We had some new names on the leader board as well as some familier ones from last year. We also had some good eats and strong brews at the weigh in at the Tysons Biergarten... But....without further ado... This years winners and runner ups;

Smallest Fish and Grand Prize Winner is Marek Rich with 1 13/16"
Runner up is Andrew Sarcinello 2 5/8"

Most Fish Winner is Cory Sims with 106 fish
Runner up is Steven Butler with 96 fish

Biggest Fish Winner is Thomas Perkins with 8 1/16"
Runner up is Trent jones with 8''

Prettiest fish Winner goes to Eric Landis
Runner up is Marek Rich.

Please see winning fish photos below. Thank you to all our participants and a big thank you to District Angling for supplying a sweet glass rod outfit to our grand prize winner of the smallest fish category.

Stay tuned as we plan for next years tournament which will likely be early summer with at least one new category to compete in.

-Trent Jones
Mareksmallest.JPG
Sweatheart.jpg
Andrew2ndsmallest.jpg
Thomasbiggest.jpeg
Trent2ndbiggest.jpg
Ericprettiest.JPG
Marek2ndprettiest.JPG
winning.jpg
medals2.jpeg
med.jpeg

tperkins

Sep 11, 2017, 7:44:27 AM9/11/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks for putting on a great event!

Steven Butler

Sep 11, 2017, 7:49:16 AM9/11/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Sorry I couldn't make the weigh in guys. Still shocked that less than half of last year's most caught was able to hold! Good times and a 100 times better weather than last year!

Marek Rich

Sep 11, 2017, 10:06:13 AM9/11/17
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Such fun! Who knew finding, catching and actually landing something so small would be so fun and challenging. Sorry I wasn’t able to attend the “weigh-in” and be there in person to brag about my major “accomplishment”. In all serious, a special thank you to Dalton, Trent and others for organizing and managing a great tournament. And to District Angling for the grand prize. I can’t wait to try her out….

Thanks,

Marek

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Andrew Sarcinello

Sep 11, 2017, 1:48:35 PM9/11/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Steven you just gotta BELIEVE! haha good call on moving to last year's winning (numbers) spot for Saturday.  I predict next tournament will be awesomely competitive now that many of us are getting dialed in on some good spots.

Congratulations to all the winners, and here's to another fun tournament next year!

Bob Smith

Sep 11, 2017, 8:10:22 PM9/11/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
10 years from now when this tourney is BIG you original participants and winners will have bragging rights for being there at the beginning.

Bob Smith
DA

Flyrodva

Sep 12, 2017, 7:39:32 AM9/12/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks for sharing the photos. Sounds like fun. Perhaps next year a tape measure can be next to the fish (especially the biggest). Something to provide scale to the viewers.

Casey Peltier

Sep 12, 2017, 9:57:34 AM9/12/17
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

The Official Ruler was pretty clever, though...having those 2" circles on it made it easier to figure out what I was seeing in my fuzzy photos. Next year I'll just try for a fish that can fit into the circle--with his brother!

Casey

Aug 7, 2018, 9:08:13 AM8/7/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Are you all planning to do this again this year?

Trent Jones

Aug 8, 2018, 2:01:22 PM8/8/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
We sure are Kyle, it will be September 8-9. I will post details this Friday when I get back to town.

-Trent

namfos

Aug 9, 2018, 9:11:42 AM8/9/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Excellent. I'll actually be around for this iteration.

Mark