İlk okunmamış mesaja atla

abbie mcmullen

okunmadı,
24 Eyl 2017 09:47:4524.09.2017
alıcı Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Has anyone done any fishing in the Rehoboth Beach area? I am taking a trip end of next week and hoping to wet a line! Thanks!

Nedak

okunmadı,
24 Eyl 2017 16:41:4424.09.2017
alıcı Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
heading down tomorrow and will post a report.

check my other posts for great carp fishing by fly.

abbie mcmullen

okunmadı,
24 Eyl 2017 17:22:2724.09.2017
alıcı Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I have been after carp all summer!! Would love to get some insight!

Josh Cohn

okunmadı,
25 Eyl 2017 08:37:5925.09.2017
alıcı Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Indian River Inlet and next to the Pier at Cape Henlopen are where I go when I'm in Lewes Delaware.

Nedak

okunmadı,
27 Eyl 2017 11:58:4227.09.2017
alıcı Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Fished yesterday.  The conditions were a bit tough as it was windy.  Lots of turtles and the water was murky making it difficult to sight cast.

I must have foul hooked one because when I hook set, the carp jumped out of the water.  I have caught 20+ carp and never have seen that.

I did not bring him to hand but had lots of good runs.

@Jeff Silvan-ever jumped a carp?

I of course used the silvan slayer carp fly.  (my name not his)
IMG_20170926_150115.jpg
IMG_20170926_150110.jpg

Nedak

okunmadı,
27 Eyl 2017 12:02:0727.09.2017
alıcı Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

@Abbie-This is Silver Lake up near the Tot Lot.

I walked out on the wier/damming materials.  Be careful because the mud behind you is very soft.  The risk is worth it as you get angles not normally provided from land.

Be prepared to roll cast, 20-50 feet to get them to the eating carp.

I saw a bunch cruising the surface just eating what must have been insect larvae.

On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 9:47:45 AM UTC-4, abbie mcmullen wrote:

abbie mcmullen

okunmadı,
27 Eyl 2017 14:16:1527.09.2017
alıcı Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thank you so much! It looks like a very "carpy"
spot. We are headed out tomorrow so I will put that on my list. What set up were you using? I'm planing on bringing my 7wt bvk.

Nedak

okunmadı,
27 Eyl 2017 14:27:2227.09.2017
alıcı Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
7wt Sage, Rio floating shooting head line.  Helped with the long roll casts due to tricky backcast area.

Nedak

okunmadı,
27 Eyl 2017 14:30:5727.09.2017
alıcı Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Bring your meat gear as well.  Caught a bunch of small (6-8in) blue fish in the surf on mullet.  Windy conditions may blow you out for the weekend.  You could spend all day carp fishing.  You will see a dock to the right of the clearing.  I knocked on the door and asked the people if I could fish from it and they said ok.

Jeffrey Silvan

okunmadı,
27 Eyl 2017 15:28:2227.09.2017
alıcı tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
John - I have seen carp splash at the surface, but can't remember seeing one do a traditional jump like a smallmouth while hooked. Of course I've seen it while they're swimming free - not sure if its spawning or trying to rid themselves of parasites or what. Glad to see you're still getting into them!!!

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Tümünü yanıtla
Yazarı yanıtla