Fly rod repair

Wayne van Rooyen

Apr 21, 2024, 9:12:04 PMApr 21
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Does anyone have a reasonably local contact for someone who does rod repairs - I have a vintage fly rod that needs a single stripping guide replaced.

Thanks,
Wayne

John Hammill

Apr 22, 2024, 2:44:00 PMApr 22
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Rod and Reel Repair in the cherrydale neighborhood of Arlington. I’ve had two guides replaced there in the past.

image0.png

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 21, 2024, at 9:12 PM, Wayne van Rooyen <wayne.mv...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Jeff Cook

Apr 22, 2024, 2:52:18 PMApr 22
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I had excellent repair service there a few years ago. But I’m sorry to say there were Closed and For Sale signs on it last time I looked.

Jeff Cook

On Apr 22, 2024, at 2:44 PM, John Hammill <john.b....@gmail.com> wrote:

Rod and Reel Repair in the cherrydale neighborhood of Arlington. I’ve had two guides replaced there in the past.

John Hammill

Apr 22, 2024, 2:57:43 PMApr 22
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
What a shame.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 22, 2024, at 2:52 PM, 'Jeff Cook' via Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders <tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

I had excellent repair service there a few years ago. But I’m sorry to say there were Closed and For Sale signs on it last time I looked.

Brian Cohen

Apr 22, 2024, 3:11:24 PMApr 22
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Those For Sale signs have been up for a long time - several years at least, and Phil is still there during most weekdays.

Brian

Jeff Cook

John Hammill

Apr 22, 2024, 3:30:03 PMApr 22
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Brian! Now that you mention it, I think a for sale sign was up when I had a guide replaced years ago. Sorry I forgot! Wayne, maybe call first? Google says it’s closed Sunday and Monday.
John

Sent from my iPhone

Yambag Nelson

Apr 22, 2024, 9:03:38 PMApr 22
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Another vote for rod and reel repair.  I needed a guide replaced on a sage rod.  Sage wanted like $75+ shipping to do it. Took it to rod and reel and he did it for $5.  I was a bit nervous because fly rods are probably not his specialty but it looked and worked out great.

Wayne van Rooyen

Apr 23, 2024, 8:53:34 AMApr 23
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks folks,

I also got a recommendation from another member for Tochterman's Fishing Tackle in Baltimore and will reach out tomorrow (they are closed Mondays) to see what pricing and turnaround looks like.

Appreciate all the responses.

Best,
Wayne

Doug Graebner

Apr 23, 2024, 9:31:56 PMApr 23
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Tochterman's is nice-they have a nice upstairs fly shop too, I popped in there once.