News about the Anacostia

Brian Cohen

Apr 30, 2015, 8:09:50 PM4/30/15
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
TPFR's - long time lurker, first-time poster.  I saw this article today and wanted to pass it along - it's got some promising news about the Anacostia.

"King points to DDOE’s restoration program focused on the river herring as a major victory. “We release approximately one million American shad each year,” he says. “They are caught in our facility, tagged with a chemical, and released into the Anacostia.” For the first time since the program began in the late ‘90s, 10 percent of the fish released last year were spawned in the District."