Boston / S NH this w/e

Sean Steele

Jun 4, 2019, 8:57:48 AM6/4/19
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Any recommendations for water that’s fishy and boat rentable? Preferably freshwater.

Thanks,
-Sean

** Via iPhone **

Sean Steele

Jun 7, 2019, 2:47:18 PM6/7/19
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Any recs?

** Via iPhone **

Jun 7, 2019, 3:10:21 PM6/7/19
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Not much for freshwater, but schoolie stripers ( and some biggers fish) are really thick right now. I would target them. Let me know if you want more info.

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Deadbait

Jun 10, 2019, 9:53:42 AM6/10/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Sean - I'd call Zak at Rising Tide Anglers to see about fly fishing out of the Portsmouth area - about 40 min north of Boston in NH. sight fishing for stripers...

On Friday, June 7, 2019 at 3:10:21 PM UTC-4, chad tokowicz wrote:
Not much for freshwater, but schoolie stripers ( and some biggers fish) are really thick right now. I would target them. Let me know if you want more info.

On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 2:47 PM Sean Steele <spst...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any recs?

** Via iPhone **

Jun 10, 2019, 3:14:41 PM6/10/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Sean, I am heading to Great Bay over July 4.  Apparently the rivers that feed the bay get good striper runs.  The bay itself is also good, but due to crazy tides, can be tough to figure out on your own.  That being said, I'm planning on putting one of my inlaw's kayaks in at Newmarket NH, paddling to the mouth of the Lamprey River and fishing the sod banks for nosing striper.  Not sure how it will go....

As for Mass.  Crane Beach near Ipswich nd Plum Island near Newbury should offer good fishing.  They are also on my list, but beware of bugs.  I've walked both beaches in the summer and greenheads are terrible.

Gregg DiSalvo

Jun 10, 2019, 3:18:28 PM6/10/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I also love stopping in at Kittery Trading Post. Here's their report.

https://www.kitterytradingpost.com/ktp-events/event-fishing-report.html

Sean Steele

Jun 11, 2019, 9:21:37 AM6/11/19
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Image

Brief trip report: after flying in from DCA, renting a car, and hitting up the only fly shop I could find in greater Beantown (Orvis in Dedham) for some last minute supplies (flies, a dry wick hoodie, and some 25lb monofilament), I hit a few spots near Hingham and Weymouth, MA: Webb Memorial State Park, Stodders Neck, and Bare Cove Park.

I dry waded at all three spots and threw a variety of clousers, deceivers, and crabs. Action was slow generally, but picked up near sunset at Bare Cove, on white and chartreuse minnows. I caught 4 schoolie stripers in a half hour stretch (none over 16”) — casting about 40’ straight out and stripping back hard when the fly dropped 2-3 feet.

Bare Cove is a 400+ acre nature preserve closed to vehicular traffic (you have to hike/walk about 3/4 mile to get to open water). It was a perfect day/evening weather-wise: high 70s, dry, sunny, not too breezy.

I had a friggin’ blast and I’m still on a bit of a “high” if that makes sense to anyone. I’ve been day dreamin’ about getting back out in the salt flats ASAP.

Thanks to everyone for their recommendations! I am so hooked on this now. No pun intended.

-Sean

** Via iPhone **

Jun 11, 2019, 3:21:06 PM6/11/19
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
fUCK YEAH Sean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it.. keep rippin em, there are PLENTY up there.

Nick Farmer

Jul 31, 2019, 3:36:44 PM7/31/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Missed it when I was up there this past weekend, but have heard Bear's Den in Norton is a great fly shop:

Did some lake fishing in Wrentham and got a couple largemouth. No luck on the Bass River in W Dennis for shoolies, but didn't give it my all/have much time. Have absolutely killed it there in the past though. Glad you enjoyed the trip!

Nick
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Rob

Jul 31, 2019, 7:37:26 PM7/31/19
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Bears den is rather impressive. Indoor casting room, more used rods on sale than most fly shops have new rods. Loads of fly tying materials. It’s worth the visit.

Sent from my iPhone
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/7764d511-affe-442f-91ce-3e24557fa22a%40googlegroups.com.

Nick Farmer

Aug 1, 2019, 2:39:00 PM8/1/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Dang, sorry to have missed it. Next time.