Brown trout spawn

Andrew Sarcinello

Nov 2, 2018, 5:31:56 PM11/2/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Has anyone seen any brown trout spawning activity in MD yet? Hoping to maybe sneak in one more trip this weekend before they get going, but if things are in full swing I don't want to bother them.

Andrew Sarcinello

Nov 5, 2018, 11:33:26 AM11/5/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Contacted Great Feathers and they said they hadn't seen much yet so decided to go to Baltimore county.

Caught 16 wild browns on streamers and few were showing weak spawning colors.  Probably at least another week or two before it really starts.  Can't speak for the  mountain streams such as Big Hunting.

Andrew Sarcinello

Nov 5, 2018, 11:39:45 AM11/5/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Some pics.
brown1.JPG
brown2.JPG
pool.JPG

chad tokowicz

Nov 5, 2018, 12:00:54 PM11/5/18
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
very nice!! This on the Gun Powder?

--
http://www.tpfr.org

chad tokowicz

Nov 5, 2018, 12:01:17 PM11/5/18
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
awesome fish. This on the gunpowder>?

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 11:39 AM Andrew Sarcinello <andy...@gmail.com> wrote:

Andrew Sarcinello

Nov 5, 2018, 1:12:02 PM11/5/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Nope - elsewhere in the county. I am not able to share which stream because a friend told me about it and asked me not to name it.

Baltimore county has several dozen wild trout streams in addition to the Gunpowder, though many are on private land unfortunately.

On Friday, November 2, 2018 at 5:31:56 PM UTC-4, Andrew Sarcinello wrote:
Has anyone seen any brown trout spawning activity in MD yet? Hoping to maybe sneak in one more trip this weekend before they get going, but if things are in full swing I don't want to bother them.

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Charlie Church

Nov 6, 2018, 8:39:12 AM11/6/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Awesome work Andrew. Love that you guys do so much exploring and finding new water.