Potomac near Antietam Creek campgrounds

Sean Beck

Mar 7, 2018, 5:07:53 PM3/7/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Hi all,

I'm taking my Boy Scout troop camping next week at the Antietam Creek campgrounds which happens to be right on the Potomac. Have any of you fished that stretch? Is it worth taking gear? They are adamant about trying, but if it isn't worth our time then I'll have them occupy themselves with another activity.

Thanks

Carl Z.

Mar 7, 2018, 7:55:03 PM3/7/18
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
See the trout stocking map: http://gisapps.dnr.state.md.us/TroutStockingMap/
Sharpsburgh pond is stocked.  As are Beaver Creek and the small section of Antietam creek where beaver creek dumps in.

The Potomac itself has been high and fast down at Little Falls.  I would be very careful with scouts.

Carl

--
Carl Zmola

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Josh

Mar 8, 2018, 8:30:01 AM3/8/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
You may want to reach out to Antietam Fly Anglers for ideas on how to fish that stretch or other spots nearby where you may have more luck.

Josh

Sean Beck

Mar 8, 2018, 8:42:15 AM3/8/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
How do I get a hold of them? Their website is definitely not theirs any longer: http://www.antietamflyanglers.org/

Josh

Mar 8, 2018, 8:54:12 AM3/8/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I didn't realize their website was dead.  They maintain a facebook group where you can probably reach out: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1578816462360462/

You could also reach out to the guys at the Beaver Creek Fly Shop for more info as well.

namfos

Mar 8, 2018, 9:02:57 AM3/8/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Phone number and contacts are here: http://ccffi.org/?page_id=27