Carderock

Gary Fleeger

Sep 30, 2016, 4:21:46 PM9/30/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I will be parking my car at the Carderock parking lot tomorrow for a camping event down the trail. I have read about folks fishing the Carderock area for bass. Was there a specific area and what did you cast? I'm not sure if it will even be worth it with all the rain, but I'll try!

Thanks in advance!

Dalton Terrell

Sep 30, 2016, 5:51:02 PM9/30/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Hi Gary,

I'd recommend you stay at home and watch Netflix or hit smaller stream. If you check the gauge at Little Falls (http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?gage=brkm2&wfo=lwx), it's probably a little too high to safely wade this weekend; just my take.

Dalton

Carl Z.

Sep 30, 2016, 6:19:48 PM9/30/16
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Gary,

I fish that area occasionally, but it is too dangerous when the little falls gauge is above 3.  At 4 I take extra care when walking the bank and sometimes bag it.  With the paths being wet and the river high, I would forget the river, but there are fish in the canal there.

Carl

Carl

--
Carl Zmola

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Gary Fleeger

Sep 30, 2016, 7:48:32 PM9/30/16
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, I'll be camping no matter what, but Carl is right. It makes sense to fish in the canal instead.

Thanks guys
--
http://www.tpfr.org

Bob Smith

Sep 30, 2016, 9:39:25 PM9/30/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
There are spots around that section that don't look it but are deep with a dangerous undertow. And you can step from relatively safe water right in to them before you know it. Even with safe gage levels.