The washout summer

Carl Z.

Sep 29, 2018, 12:26:03 PM9/29/18
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I really don't like to wade the potomac until the water get's down to 3.8ft or so.  I missed that week in July.
PotomacFlow.Summer2018.gif

Carl

--
Carl Zmola

Owen Williams

Sep 30, 2018, 8:49:27 AM9/30/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
We can only hope that the flows drop before it gets so cold that the feeding slows down. Tough summer!

Owen

robert mills

Oct 1, 2018, 9:40:51 AM10/1/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

gunpowder.png

I have been watching the gauge on the gunpowder as well, I've found that despite what everyone says most of the river is wadeable up to 600cfs and quite fishable up to about 450cfs, above that I've noticed my take count drop significantly. I caught somewhere around 7 fish (one was the largest I've caught up there yet) yesterday using 10ft of t8 and a streamer on a 3wt spey rod.