Float trip anyone

Terry C

Jul 2, 2014, 10:32:35 AM7/2/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Weekend looks great. Would love to get a few kayaks / canoes out on a float. I'm open to where.

HeaveToo

Jul 2, 2014, 11:01:17 AM7/2/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
You probably aren't the only one with this idea.  The rivers are going to be crowded with people and it may make for spooky fish!  Best time to float is mid-week.

Terry C

Jul 2, 2014, 1:14:55 PM7/2/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I know but what the heck, thinking early depart from Goose Creek take out at Algonquin park be done by noon.
--
http://www.tpfr.org

Terry C

Jul 6, 2014, 7:08:48 AM7/6/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Trip report:
Put in on Goose Creek at 4:30 last night. Bright sunny warm afternoon, wasn't expecting great fishing because of bright conditions. As I paddled down Goose Creek I was joined by others also enjoying a great place to paddle. I went to my usual summer pattern on the potomac, a white crystal Estes bead head with marabeau tail size 4. As I floated I hit the fishy looking spots, big rocks, downed trees, darker spots, shaded areas. In the next 4 hrs. On the way done to Algonkian park I Managed to land 6 smalies and 2 cat fish, lost another 4 smalies. Great evening to be out. Lots of wild life, Blue Heron, Bald Eagles, fox, and many others out enjoying the Potomac. Took out at 8:45, next time I would make a 6 hr. Trip so I can fish more and paddle less.

otmastiff

Jul 10, 2014, 10:35:55 PM7/10/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Sounds awesome. Where did you put in on goose creek? I am new to leesburg and learning the spots? Thanks!

Terry C

Jul 11, 2014, 6:28:15 AM7/11/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Kephart Bridge Landing at Elizabeth Mills Riverfront Park
43942 Riverpoint Dr, Leesburg, VA
It's just a parking lot behind a home in Landsdown.  Driveway marked with a couple of stone pillers with a gate closing and sign.

On Thursday, July 10, 2014, otmastiff <otma...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sounds awesome. Where did you put in on goose creek?  I am new to leesburg and learning the spots?  Thanks!

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Houli

Jul 11, 2014, 10:07:09 AM7/11/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I'm hitting that section tomorrow at sunup .... i live on Riverpoint about a quarter mile past Kephart.  I'll let you all know how it goes.