Casting Church - Sun Jul 12

Regan Burmeister

Jul 6, 2020, 4:23:36 PM7/6/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Casting Church will be back in action this Sunday, 12 July, 8am - 11am, at Fletcher's Cove.

So first thing.  We will practice social distance.  Pretty easy to do since we are outside.  And since we are all holding fly-rods and moving them around, this separation tends to work out naturally.
However, if you are ill or suspect you might be, please respect the health of others and rest up at home.  There will be other casting churches, once a month at least.

Come on out, whether you are a novice, intermediate, or advanced caster, it is all fun to work on solving casting problems and casting challenges.
If you are just getting started, this is a great way to meet people who can help.  There will be casting instructors on hand.
If you are preparing for an upcoming trip and looking to re-fresh your casting skills, this is a great opportunity.

If you want to wade, just come prepared.  We work on casting on the grass fields and in the water, both single-hand and two-hand casting.

See you there,

Regan

arthur noglak

Jul 7, 2020, 8:23:45 PM7/7/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I am super excited to get back at it !

Art

Flyrodva

Jul 8, 2020, 8:25:41 AM7/8/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Hi all,
Will someone be there to teach the double-haul? I need help.
Thanks

Evan Moscou-Lewis

Jul 8, 2020, 9:39:25 AM7/8/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Any issues with beginners learning Tenkara?

arthur noglak

Jul 8, 2020, 9:41:35 AM7/8/20
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Were always happy to teach the double haul.

Art

--
http://www.tpfr.org

arthur noglak

Jul 9, 2020, 10:43:03 AM7/9/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Not much casting involved with Tenkara but we would love to have you! We all love chat and meet new folks and are a very friendly group.

I suppose if we let spin fisherman into beer tie then we've got to let Tenkara fans into Casting Church.

If you bring a Tenkara rod also pack a sense of humor Welcome aboard!

Art Noglak

Owen Williams

Jul 10, 2020, 12:21:50 PM7/10/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Just remember, Brook, no long hugs this weekend!

Looking forward to seeing everyone! It's been far too long.

Best,
Owen Williams

Mitchell D Fenton

Jul 23, 2020, 7:23:38 AM7/23/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
When will the next one be?! On the 26th? First one was awesome.

arthur noglak

Jul 23, 2020, 12:19:42 PM7/23/20
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
So we do casting church the second Sunday of every month.

However we are considering adding a second , because our monthly beer tie event is not possible with the pandemic.

Art