Bermuda Fishing Info Needed

Cameron Abbott

Nov 13, 2013, 9:17:29 PM11/13/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Hello all!

I will be going to Bermuda in May 2014 and am going to try and land an elusive bonefish. I know i have time before i go but wanted to go ahead send out the the feelers to get as much info as i can. I currently have typical trout fly rods (Hydros 4wt and Access 6wt) and will need to get a saltwater rod. From what i have read an 8wt would do the trick. I would like to be able to also use this to fish the Potomac, especially when the shad run. So is 8wt what i need or should i step up to a 9wt? Any suggestions on rods? i don't want to spend a fortune but would like bang for my buck because i typically fish streams and this rod will not get as much use as my trout rods. ANy suggestions on line? i have seen bonefish line but will that work for a all around saltwater line or should i buy an extra spool and line? Has anyone been fishing in Bermuda and can give me suggestions an where to fish? Leader suggestions? And lastly, what flies should i take with me? I know that is a lot, which is why i am asking 6+ months in advance. Thanks for helping me out!

Cameron

Daniel Davala

Nov 13, 2013, 9:23:03 PM11/13/13
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
With the quiver of rods you have, I would definitely go for an 8-weight.  Drop in to your local shops and cast them all, then decide what you really like.  You'll find so many uses for an 8-weight that it is well worth the investment, and perfect for the Potomac as well.

Dan Davala

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Message has been deleted

Daniel Davala

Nov 13, 2013, 9:35:09 PM11/13/13
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Melody and the kiddos and I are in the Outer Banks until Saturday, so I'll be back in on Monday.  TONS of baitfish in the water down here, just nothing eating them (yet).  Loving the slow pace and family time though!

Dan Davala

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 9:27 PM, Cameron Abbott <cabbo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dan,

Thanks! When will you be back in the store so i can come talk to you since i got the other two rods i have from you and on your suggestions, lol? I would like to pick your brain on my upcoming trip.

Cameron

--
http://www.tpfr.org
IMG_5518.JPG