Montana Guide Recommendations

josh g

Sep 21, 2016, 4:20:29 PM9/21/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Long time lurker, first time poster. I plan to be in the Kalispell/Glacier NP area for a couple of days in early November and am seeking any guide recommendations for the Middle/North Forks of the Flathead.  Would also like to do a day of self-guided roadside fishing if anyone has thoughts or experience in the area.

I did search, but apologies in advance if this question has been answered previously.

Thanks for any input.

Josh

Dan Kozel

Sep 21, 2016, 4:55:14 PM9/21/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I've heard decent things about Glacier Anglers. If you're in Missoula for any reason go with the Missoulian Angler.

josh g

Sep 22, 2016, 6:24:46 PM9/22/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks Dan.

Andrew LaVigne

Sep 23, 2016, 10:10:25 AM9/23/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I've had good luck with Kingfisher in Missoula in terms of shops, haven't fished with their guides though. Also met a guy on Rock Creek earlier this year who guides up the the Flathead - seemed like good people, think he has worked with Glacier Anglers, talked about Flathead trips for a bit.

Onno Wieringa - onnowi...@gmail.com