Anacostia River Family Fishing Days (Aug. 18)

ernie....@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2018, 3:53:41 PM8/2/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

Volunteers and participants wanted!

Theresa Rodriguez (DC Wildlife Management Branch Chief, Fisheries and Wildlife Division, Department of Energy & Environment) leads this effort along with BLM and Fishingcommunity.org. She will have a tying station indoors at the center.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_QfcD1SmJvQMHVZYjRid1d3dTk4Sk05NE43bm1vUTRwQTRv

Or just visit www.f4v.org/events and look for the NCR 18 Aug event where you can register.

ernie....@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2018, 5:12:41 PM8/13/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
We have had an overwhelming response to this Saturday's Family Fishing Event.  This event has been opened up to our Military Community and many military families have signed up.  So if you can make the time to volunteer, please sign up at:

ernie....@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2018, 3:28:53 PM8/16/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Teresa is still in need of a few volunteers:

Anacostia River Family Fishing Days are free events held June-September by the DC Dept. of Energy & Environment’s Fisheries & Wildlife Division, BLM, and FishingCommunity.org. We meet at the Aquatic Resources Education Center in Anacostia Park and provide equipment, bait and fishing instruction for local families. Participants will also have the opportunity to tour the Aquatic Resources Education Center and see over 40 species of fish and aquatic wildlife.  Youth under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Participants between the ages 16 and 64 must purchase a DC Fishing License.

Volunteers are needed to help teach fly casting, fly tying and basic spin casting skills.To volunteer email Teresa Rodriguez at Teresa.r...@dc.gov and indicate which date you are available volunteer.

Dates:Aug.18, Sept.16, Time: 10 am to 1 pm.

Thanks!