Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} First post, first trip to Shenandoah

已查看 394 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Danny Barrett

未读,
2013年6月23日 19:32:432013/6/23
收件人 tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Ive fished that park for a decade or more, where is that waterfall?  Never seen it.

Thanks,

Dan Barrett

MSA Fall Protection CoOp
1100 Cranberry Woods Drive,
Cranberry TWP, PA

3610 Dawson Ave
Pittsburgh, PA

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Trent Sterneck <zebra...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I've been silently lurking on the forum for a while and have been motivated to get out and fish. After picking up some flies and advice from Dan at the Clarendon Orvis, I drove out to Shenandoah National Park on Saturday to hike around and try to catch a few brook trout. I was pleasantly surprised by the fishing, the park's beauty, and the rigor of the hike. (a few photos: http://imgur.com/a/Frtt5

Hope to make it out to a beer tie soon and start exploring more fly-fishing options around DC.

Cheers,

Trent

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Misha Gill

未读,
2013年6月24日 15:44:062013/6/24
收件人 tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I see you lurk on Reddit too (good on you, r/flyfishing needs more people), nice fish, glad you enjoyed yourself!

Danny Barrett

未读,
2013年7月8日 13:29:052013/7/8
收件人 tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the advice about WOC.  I got up there on the 4th.  Had fun till all the swimmers showed up, bad weekend choice on my part.  2 girls jumped in right in front of me as if they thought i was swimming too, definitely shocked me.  It is a pretty stream.  I only had luck in the real deep pockets of water with tiny nymphs I tie.  Not sure if I was on the part people mentioned before, the trail was on the right side of the stream the whole way?  I will have to toss a few pictures and find a way to put a video up later when i have a little time.

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Trent S. <zebra...@gmail.com> wrote:
Cedar Run side of the White Oak Canyon / Cedar Run loop.

On Sunday, June 23, 2013 7:32:43 PM UTC-4, Danny Barrett wrote:
[...]

Scott A Inouye

未读,
2013年7月14日 10:19:112013/7/14
收件人 tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
FYI, SNP mountain streams are still fishing really well. I fished just above and below Dark Hollow Falls and upper portion of Rose River yesterday morning for about an 1.5 hours. Caught maybe 8-9 brookies with an equal amount of missed strikes using a basic attractor dry fly.

Water flows are still really strong on top of most streams off Skyline. I hiked White Oak Canyon but did not fish it. Wish I brought my fly-rod with me.
回复全部
回复作者
转发
已删除帖子