Reliable Source for OBX Fishing Reports?

已查看 187 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Rob Shane

未读,
2017年7月28日 09:33:552017/7/28
收件人 Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Heading down there mid-august. Does anyone know a location where I can find reliable, up to date info on the fishing? Inshore or surf. Thanks!

Charlie Church

未读,
2017年7月28日 10:01:192017/7/28
收件人 Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
TWs Bait and Tackle updates their site regularly.

From what I have heard from a few people who live there, the trout bite is the best it's been in years. The drum bite has been good as well.

Enjoy your trip.

Carl Smolka

未读,
2017年7月28日 10:40:152017/7/28
收件人 tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Go to the outer banks fly fishing Facebook page: Captains Sarah Gardner and husband Brian Horsley are both outstanding fly fishing guides and post reports regularly.

Carl S.

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Kevin Stapleton

未读,
2017年8月2日 05:51:222017/8/2
收件人 Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Hey, long time lurker, first time poster here.

I was just down in Nags Head last week and spent Thursday morning out in the channel/flats near Bodie lighthouse. I can confirm the trout fishing appears to be great as a number of anglers shore fishing looked like they were pulling in fish every few casts hitting the middle of the channel between 6 and 10 am.

A friend and I took paddle boards out to play around in the little inlets just a little south of the dock and I spotted at least a dozen 12 to 16 inch reds on the flats and in the inlets. I hooked up with one, probably around 15 inches but lost him due to piss poor knot tying by yours truly. I was fishing a pretty sparse little pink and I think white clouser-like fly that a friendly angler had gifted me in that spot last year. Unfortunately my standard, weighted chartreuse clouser I had to useafter losing the pink fly didn't do the trick but I was still spotting and spooking reds all over the place in there.

We saw some pretty great looking feeding action just off the beach on Saturday mid-morning but despite the pretty empty beach with impending rain we didn't fish since we left the rods and were walking with the families.

Word to the wise, bring deet and wear sleeves and maybe even long pants if you get out to the Bodie lighthouse channel early in the morning. I've never experienced anything quite like the assault we were hit with getting out of the car and we were extremely lucky another angler offered us some deet!

2 secretprobation

未读,
2017年8月2日 09:35:282017/8/2
收件人 Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I'm familiar with the Bodie Lighthouse and have fished there in the past ... walking down from the lighthouse parking.

The water there in the sound inlet is quite deep so I'm guessing that's not where the channel flats that you are referencing are.

Kevin Stapleton

未读,
2017年8月3日 15:45:022017/8/3
收件人 Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
What I am referring to as flats is just south of the dock but hard to access by wading. We used paddle boards to get over there and didn't Wade at all but I could see foot prints where someone had waded in there previously. Probably pretty difficult to do that though.

If you look at the channel on Google maps and look just south there are a few small inlets visible and that's the area I'm talking about.

Rob Shane

未读,
2017年8月16日 09:53:272017/8/16
收件人 Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

Figured i'd follow up to this now that i'm home in case anyone else is heading down that way soon. We did ok on the week catching small flounder pretty consistently on bait, jigs, and flies off the rock jetty near Oregon Inlet. We had decent luck fishing for Trout in the sound near the Bodie Island Lighthouse on gulps and bait, but couldn't seem to get any to move with a fly. Talked to the guys at the bait shop and they said the redfish were being caught semi-consistently but I never saw one where we were. Did get into some schoolie stripers one morning for a hot minute but that didn't last long. All in all pretty average. Will take my kayak next time. Thanks to everyone for the info.
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子