New to the area

Bryan Coppede

Sep 13, 2023, 5:47:02 PM9/13/23
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Hi everyone,
My name is Bryan, I just moved to Northern VA from NYC last week. I am an avid fly fisher (all species, fresh and salt) and want to get involved with the fly fishing community here. TPFR seems like a good place to start.

I'm interested in the casting churches, and occasional fly tying meet ups, as time permits. Is there any info (times, gear to bring) I should know about for either event?

I am also in a grad school program studying ecological restoration, and am interested in getting involved with restoration projects on waterways in the region.

Thanks,
Bryan

Owen Williams

Sep 14, 2023, 7:44:20 AM9/14/23
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Welcome, Bryan!

As Outreach Chair, I'm happy to talk with you about TPFR and our activities.

You have a great field of study, and we can certainly use your expertise. I know of several connections in that area as well.

Please send me a message and we'll find a time to talk.

Best,
Owen Williams