VA Beach Guides

Chris Young

May 23, 2020, 3:03:45 PM5/23/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Can any one recommend a fly guide in the VA Beach area...or a light tackle guide that wouldn’t mind shlepping me around. Having a tough time finding one. Thanks!

Josh L.

May 23, 2020, 8:07:06 PM5/23/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I had a good experience with Cory Routh of Ruthless Outdoor Adventures.

Dalton Terrell

May 25, 2020, 7:13:36 PM5/25/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I have fished with Cory, but I’m not sure if he’s still guiding. If you want to kayak fish, he is or was the man.

I’d suggest contacting Capt Chris Newsome. I haven’t personally fished with him, so this is a partial couch, but have seen plenty of pictures of nice fly caught fish on his boat. He’s a little farther North but close range to VA beach. Check his website here: https://www.bayflyfishing.com/home.html

Kevin Brugman

May 25, 2020, 7:32:47 PM5/25/20
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I know that you specifically asked about Virginia Beach, however if you
are willing to go across the Bay to the Eastern Shore, there are some
options there.  One that popped up in a google search right across the
bridge is Marsh Madness Charters out of Cape Charles,
https://marshmadnesscharters.com/.  From the Fly fishing shows I know
that there were a couple of guide services from the Eastern Shore that
were represented.

Kevin

Chris Young

May 26, 2020, 10:13:55 AM5/26/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks both for the recommendations.  I've reached out to a couple of them, will let you know how the trip goes!

Gregg DiSalvo

May 26, 2020, 12:09:09 PM5/26/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Chis Newsome down in Gloucester is awesome.  Good guy and he for sure puts you on fish.

Dave Stephenson

May 27, 2020, 8:48:32 AM5/27/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Just want to double down on both Chris and Cory. Both are great guides and more importantly great guys. I too am unsure if Cory is still guiding but I'm sure if you contacted him he could give some other recommendations as well. Good hunting down in my home waters!