Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Alec Hicks

no leída,
2 ene 2021, 10:04:192/1/21
a Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I'm trying to buy my DC license and the webpage still says expiration 12/31/20...   WTF... I mean $13 isn't as big of a chisel as dropping 500+ on a trip and getting skunked, but c'mon man!!!  Who's running this Metropolitan Game & Wildlife dept. anyways???  Are they backed up on deer tags?  Let's get real, if they are checking for licenses... they better have their operation up and running in good order.

Jeff Cook

no leída,
2 ene 2021, 10:11:532/1/21
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I had exactly the same problem last year, so they clearly didn’t bother to fix it. Give it a couple days and tell them. Nothing else to do.

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Yambag Nelson

no leída,
3 ene 2021, 9:24:543/1/21
a Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Are they actually checking for licenses?  I have never heard of that happening.

Brian Cohen

no leída,
3 ene 2021, 10:36:393/1/21
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
You can also buy them at a few locations in person -

Best bet is probably to call Fragers on Capitol HIll and see if they have them.

--
http://www.tpfr.org

October Caddis

no leída,
4 ene 2021, 9:17:364/1/21
a Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I've been checked once, about five years ago at Constitution Gardens. The NPS rangers actually asked me whether I was allowed to fish there. My response? "There's nothing that says I can't!"

sbro...@gmail.com

no leída,
4 ene 2021, 9:52:294/1/21
a Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
FYI last year I accidentally purchased my license with the old date on it.  After emailing they were able to email me an updated copy that reflected a 12/31/2020 expiration date.  I have never been asked for my DC license but if you wanted to have something you could try going this route, in theory the purchase date would indicate your intention was to have a 2021 license.

caca...@gmail.com

no leída,
4 ene 2021, 15:17:344/1/21
a Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I was actually asked for a license by an MPD officer on the steps of the  Jefferson memorial about 5 years ago.  I don't think the NPS actually would have any jurisdiction over liscenses....doesn't meant they wouldn't ask you.

Jeffrey Silvan

no leída,
4 ene 2021, 15:39:304/1/21
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
The only time in my life I've had a license check was actually in DC north of Chain Bridge. Don't remember what branch the guy was from. But either way, I don't care whether or not I will get checked. It's a very nominal fee and in theory helps for fishery conservation, which I completely support, so I'd rather just pay it and be done.

--
http://www.tpfr.org

namfos

no leída,
5 ene 2021, 8:51:445/1/21
a Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Just wait 'til you turn 65 - you won't need a license at all!

Mark

Kevin KB

no leída,
5 ene 2021, 10:48:175/1/21
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I admit to being lazy today.  Is the over 65 for just DC residents or us out of states as well?

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021, 8:51 AM namfos <mark....@gmail.com> wrote:
Just wait 'til you turn 65 - you won't need a license at all!

Mark

--
http://www.tpfr.org

tperkins

no leída,
5 ene 2021, 11:17:075/1/21
a Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I've only been checked twice, and it happened on the same day! In February at the Tidal Basin, go figure. In terms of the cost to fish caught ratio, if you fish the shad run once on a good day, it probably has is the best deal out there!

Daniel Lazenby

no leída,
5 ene 2021, 15:24:295/1/21
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
As weird as it sounds, yes. It was the same for out of state (Virginia in my case) when I became eligible a few years ago.

Daniel

Christopher Kent

no leída,
6 ene 2021, 10:19:176/1/21
a Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
It's up and running as of today. I just bought my 2021 non-resident license.
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos