IRON FLY AT THE BEER TIE!!!

CaseyP

Oct 3, 2017, 9:04:08 PM10/3/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

CaseyP

Oct 3, 2017, 9:05:08 PM10/3/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Oops! This came out terribly small. I'll keep working on it!

Dalton Terrell

Oct 4, 2017, 7:22:49 AM10/4/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Let's try this...

Brian

Oct 4, 2017, 8:27:57 AM10/4/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
MY EYES!

Casey Peltier

Oct 4, 2017, 3:27:10 PM10/4/17
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Time for the Flip Focals...sorry, folks! Dalton has come to the rescue...

Casey Peltier
Co-Program Coordinator
Casting for Recovery Mid-Atlantic
703-819-5733

Oct 5, 2017, 9:32:28 AM10/5/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Shouldnt't that be "Doctor, my eyes"?
For all you younguns, that's a Jackson Browne tune

On Wednesday, October 4, 2017 at 8:27:57 AM UTC-4, Brian wrote:
MY EYES!

Carl Z.

Oct 8, 2017, 10:49:50 AM10/8/17

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 9:32 AM, namfos <mark....@gmail.com> wrote:

For all you younguns, that's a Jackson Browne tune

Who's he?   ;-)

CaseyP

Oct 9, 2017, 10:47:45 AM10/9/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

Hey everyone! It's tonight!!
Amazing Raffle! Fun Competition!
Every $ we raise tonight will be matched 1-1 by our Anonymous Angel.
See you there!

Dalton Terrell

Oct 10, 2017, 9:22:19 AM10/10/17
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Great Beer Tie last night. Thanks to everyone's support, we raised $350 for Casting for Recovery Mid Atlantic, which was graciously matches by a donor and turned into $700!

There were some big raffle prizes, with a 5wt rod, tona of pink flies, fly tying material and more. Thanks for all of your contributions.

For the Iron Vise, we had a full subscription of 15 participants. The three winners with some great flies were:
3rd: Remick Smothers
2nd: Eric Landis
1st: Alex Binsted

Thanks to everyone who came out and supported Casting for Recovery!

Casey Peltier

Oct 10, 2017, 9:30:40 AM10/10/17
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Dang! Dalton beat me to it, but I have to chime in:

Last night's Beer Tie Iron Vise was the best every! We ran out of entries (note to self: more kits!!), and the flies tied were the most imaginative ever. General agreement that they would certainly catch bass (whatever that means!)

Thanks to everyone who entered the Iron Vise, who bought Raffle Tickets, and to the Mysterious Money Dropper who left $40 bucks on the bar after it had all been counted. We're up to $780 thanks to you and the Matching Angel!

That means that another brave lady will have a chance to discover the wonderful healing power of the outdoors and fly fishing.

Look for another Iron Vise next October!

Casey Peltier
Co-Program Coordinator
Casting for Recovery Mid-Atlantic

We fish the Potomac River. We use single and two-handed fly rods. We teach all who are interested how to do the same. From Great Falls to the Chesapeake Bay, the ...

namfos

Oct 10, 2017, 12:06:04 PM10/10/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Carl, you hoser you!