Ketchikan, AK

Michael Selby

Feb 6, 2018, 10:52:38 AM2/6/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
So, we'll be getting off a cruise ship in Ketchikan the first week of June and thinking about staying a couple days to fish. Any recommendations on guides and the like?

Thanks,
Mike

William Horowitz

Feb 7, 2018, 2:58:10 PM2/7/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Hi Mike,

About a year and a half ago I set up a guide in Ketchikan. I was there just for the day as a port of call on an Alaksan cruise. I was going solo and it was in July so the Salmon run was not taking place yet (I want to go back when it is). I used a recommendation from Trent Jones and called Hookedup guide to arrange a guide.  My guide took me out and we went after bows and cutthroat outside of the town. I had a really positive experience with them and know they have other services like fly out fishing if you're interested. http://hookupflyshop.com/

-Will

robert mills

Feb 8, 2018, 3:53:59 PM2/8/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
If you are flying into/out of anchorage there are a ton of options within a quick drive that should not require a guide and make a great day trip. I'd call Mossy's Fly shop or Mountain View Sports for more info.

Michael Selby

Feb 11, 2018, 6:09:14 PM2/11/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks Will. Reached out to them and got things moving.   Will post a followup after the trip.

Thanks,
Mike

namfos

Feb 12, 2018, 10:35:01 AM2/12/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Never been there, but you could stock up on Ray Troll shirts at his Soho Coho Art Gallery while in Ketchikan. https://store.trollart.com/home.php

Mark

Michael Selby

Feb 13, 2018, 8:07:03 AM2/13/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks Mark, will definitely have to drop in!