Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

tperkins

nepřečteno,
16. 6. 2017 10:27:1016.06.17
komu: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

Kevin

nepřečteno,
16. 6. 2017 14:18:3216.06.17
komu: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Can anyone provide guidance on getting snakehead eats with a fly rod? I'm consistently encountering them but haven't yet had success.

On Friday, June 16, 2017 at 10:27:10 AM UTC-4, tperkins wrote:

Rob Snowhite

nepřečteno,
16. 6. 2017 14:27:2316.06.17
komu: tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
If you find out let me know.

Sent from my iPhone
--
http://www.tpfr.org

Aden

nepřečteno,
17. 6. 2017 10:11:4817.06.17
komu: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I caught a few in kanes creek this week on an olive and white clouser. My go to fly is a 1/0 hook (the length helps from their teeth biting through the tippit) a heavy dumbbell eye and one long strip (3" or so) of olive rabbit strip. I find the trick is a fast retrieve. Like you are shad fishing fast. Fish this above weed beds on a rising tide or around structure.
This fly works for catfish too.

Also, a plastic worm imitation dropped off of weed beds into holes or off the edge of a weed matt is productive too. Basically like flippin with a bait casting set up.

HeaveToo

nepřečteno,
17. 6. 2017 10:26:2817.06.17
komu: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
All of my snakehead on the fly came from early April when they group in the back of rivers.  I got reactionary bites on them.

I have caught a snakehead on conventional tackle using buzz baits.

I know of people who have caught them on a popper.

Quite frankly I think that the population is down a bit from the bow hunters.  The snakehead have found their place in the system and I think that they should treat them more like a game fish.  Put some limits on them etc.  This fishery isn't going anywhere and it should be developed and protected.  We obviously have the right stuff to develop a world record. They could become a prize game fish.

Rob Snowhite

nepřečteno,
17. 6. 2017 13:17:3217.06.17
komu: tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com