Post TV Piece on Anacostia Fish

180 просмотров

William Steinman

не прочитано,
24 апр. 2014 г., 14:01:3424.04.2014
– tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Interesting piece on the Post's website about fish shocking in the Anacostia.  Some nice hickory shad!  I've never fished the Anacostia, but it is on my list of things to do.

Neil

не прочитано,
25 апр. 2014 г., 07:45:2625.04.2014
– tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the post, great video!  I have fished the Anacostia several times because it is convenient and am always impressed by how much wildlife lives there.  I launch out of Bladensburg.   It definitely is an urban river and has it trash problems but you can catch nice fish there.  Besides the regular snakeheads & blue cats there have been rockfish, LM bass, and as the video showed shad & herring pulled from that area.  A few years ago there was an effort to stock shad fry and remove migratory fish obstruction on the NW branch and Indian creek.  They still have signs along the stream about the restoration and stocking projects.  I don’t think they still are stocking fry.  There seemed to be a lot more of a focus on it 8-10 years ago.

Tony ZZZZ

не прочитано,
25 апр. 2014 г., 20:54:0525.04.2014
– tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Definitely want t explore that area.  Looks like they are near the beltway in that pic.
Ответить всем
Отправить сообщение автору
Переслать
0 новых сообщений