Fishing Gunpowder

robert mills

Nov 29, 2017, 7:16:40 PM11/29/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Hi Guys,

Buddy and I had a pretty good run nymphing on pens creek and spruce creek in PA last week, looking to try out something closer like gunpowder falls. Anyone have any info of where we can park and get to the river, what the fish are taking, ect?

Thanks

Rob

James Fletcher

Nov 30, 2017, 10:00:03 AM11/30/17
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Saw and felt good action on the boulder pools section about two weeks ago - nymphs were the ticket.

good luck!

--
http://www.tpfr.org

James Fletcher
Political Strategist
The Lukens Company

tperkins

Marek Rich

Nov 30, 2017, 10:15:23 AM11/30/17
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

I haven’t fished the Gunpowder in a while, but whenever I do I always make an effort to stop in and pay a visit to the guys at Backwater Angler. www.backwaterangler.com

They’re friendly, knowledgeable and dialed into the river. They’ll point you in the right direction for parking, stream conditions and what those little fish are biting on.

Marek

--

http://www.tpfr.org

robert mills

Nov 30, 2017, 2:47:42 PM11/30/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
thanks guys

Brian Mullis

Dec 1, 2017, 6:42:33 PM12/1/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I'm heading to the Gunpowder on Sunday with my wife and a friend, so between the three of us we should be able to produce a decent stream report.