Amazon Smile

Greggory DiSalvo

Mar 30, 2017, 3:47:20 PM3/30/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Hey all,

Just received an email from Amazon Smile telling me how much they've donated to my chosen charity through my purchases. Receiving this email and watching the concervation-concious films last night at Arlington Cinema Drafthouse led me to this post.

 If this is too much of a promotion, please let me know, but I figured I'd throw this out there for those who don't know about Amazonsmile.  Basically, smile is just regular amazon, but with a slightly different URL.  You choose a charity and they donate a small percentage (.5%) of every purchase you make to said charity.  I know many of you are environmentally conscience and with the current...erm...state of affairs, many environmental organizations could use every bit.  I've identified Potomac Conservancy as mine, but if there is ANY other organization you'd like to donate to, they are more than likely available.  Im going to order a bunch of stuff off of Amazon anyway, so may as well make some good out of it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201365340

once again, if this is too much of a promotion, please take it down and accept my sincerest apologies.

Cheers,

Gregg

Misha Gill

Mar 30, 2017, 4:19:45 PM3/30/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I've had my Amazon Smile set to TU ever since I signed up, and you inspired me to look up my impact... to date TU has received $101.85 from all the Amazon users who use Smile and point it to TU... which means I am responsible for just under 1/5 of the donations to TU from Amazon Smile! Ha!

Misha Gill

Mar 30, 2017, 4:21:33 PM3/30/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I hasten to add that I think my Smile account is pointed at my old Cumberland Valley TU chapter specifically, so that might be why it looks like TU has received so little on this page I'm looking at.

Greggory DiSalvo

Mar 31, 2017, 11:06:00 AM3/31/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I hope that's the case...although I'm sure it's your more standard organizations that get the most love.

Gregg