yellow breeches access points

brad dreisbach

Jun 17, 2024, 7:26:42 PM (12 days ago) Jun 17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I am heading up to north east PA tomorrow morning. any access point recommendations for yellow breeches? thanks.

Gregg Rockett

Jun 17, 2024, 8:06:15 PM (12 days ago) Jun 17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Hi Brad.  Access near to the Allenberry Resort is good.  I ask you to consider starting early and to stop fishing before noon.  I was just fishing waters near Gettysburg this past weekend.  The waters warmed up considerably by lunch time and the fish were easily stressed under those conditions.  Low water, warm temps and low oxygen are perilous conditions for trout.  Gregg Rockett

Doug Graebner

Jun 25, 2024, 12:19:43 AM (5 days ago) Jun 25
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Missed this, I should check more often. Allenberry has good access (and a pretty decent restaurant); there's also access to the run via the park immediately downstream of the lake in Boiling Springs and the immediate confluence area.