Lefty Kreh

MikeV

Mar 14, 2018, 5:16:03 PM3/14/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Lefty has passed away.... We have all lost a beloved Uncle and mentor today.

Mike V

The Shad Hammer

Mar 14, 2018, 5:19:08 PM3/14/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Dang, sad news.

He's casting in heaven now...

BruceC2C

Mar 15, 2018, 12:04:13 AM3/15/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Without question....BVK is THE reel deal.
Slainte Lefty

The Shad Hammer

Mar 15, 2018, 9:15:28 AM3/15/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/outdoors/bs-sp-obit-lefty-kreh-20171113-story.html

Kreh leaves behind a storied legacy. Inventive to a fault, he often thought outside the tackle box. He designed a fly, “Lefty’s Deceiver,” so revolutionary that it was celebrated on a first-class stamp by the U.S. Postal Service in 1991. Each March, for 18 years, Maryland has hosted the Lefty Kreh Tie Fest, a popular fly-fishing show. And, in 2012, the state christened the Lefty Kreh Fishing Trail, a 7-mile stretch along a pristine trout stream in Gunpowder Falls State Park.

MikeV

Mar 15, 2018, 11:55:28 AM3/15/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I propose that Kreh decievers and other creations of his, fresh and salt, be the focus at the next beer tie to honor Lefty.

Dalton Terrell

Mar 15, 2018, 1:23:07 PM3/15/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
The focus of the next Beer Tie will actually be one of Lefty's passions, Project Healing Waters, where TPFR members will tie and donate flies to the Walter Reed chapter of PHW.

The Lefty's Deceiver should be a fine fly to tie and donate for our wounded veterans to use on various warmwater outings.

Dalton

MikeV

Mar 16, 2018, 2:37:48 AM3/16/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Excellent....then I'll be tying some deceivers..
Mike V