Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Aden

no leída,
7 nov 2013, 17:38:547/11/13
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
So I just found a new pattern for crappie and don't want to wait til spring to test it out. My usual crappie hole isn't producing. Any ideas for lakes or rivers near Alexandria that might let me test the pattern? I don't need specifics just a general area.

Rob Snowhite

no leída,
7 nov 2013, 20:49:047/11/13
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Under rte 1 bridge on 4mr

Miles

no leída,
8 nov 2013, 7:32:138/11/13
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Aden,

I hate to be Captain Obvious, but maybe it's the pattern, not the spot? That's joke number one. Here comes number two: If it works when your usual crappie hole isn't producing, you should call it the Metamucil.

Miles

Matthew Longley

no leída,
8 nov 2013, 10:01:428/11/13
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Miles is here all night, ladies and gentlemen

Aden

no leída,
9 nov 2013, 13:23:529/11/13
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I just lol'd

Lucas Rudd

no leída,
9 nov 2013, 20:45:249/11/13
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
post a photo and then tie one that looks like a sabiki

On Thursday, November 7, 2013 5:38:54 PM UTC-5, Aden wrote:

Matt S.

no leída,
12 nov 2013, 7:39:1912/11/13
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Now that was funny. Next beer tie we can all tie our favorite Metamucil patterns.

OP and others, if you have access to ft Belvoir there's a bridge over Dogue Creek just inside Walker Gate on the Mt Vernon side where I've gotten slab crappies over the years. I remember last spring I fished it and some guy was just crushing them using an odd rig dead drifting a weighted grub jig under a bobber. I was having no joy with my fly rod and was getting some funny looks until I finally found my Metamucil that day--a few feet of sink tip and a hideous mistake of a fly I must've tied while drunk that looked like a miniature Clouser wrapped in tinsel and chenille (schnauser?). That did the trick.

That creek is lousy with snakeheads too. I've not caught one but it is popular with bow fishers.

McFly

no leída,
1 dic 2013, 16:34:311/12/13
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
The best spot for Crappie this time of year is from the fish market up to the Harbor patrol station just behind  Pier 7 and where Hogates use to be. The main problem is casting off the walk way down to the water a good 10 - 15 feet depending on the tide. It's best to use fluorocarbon tippet and leaders because you stand a good chance of hooking up with a Catfish, Carp, Striper and Bass so you'll need a heavy tippet that doesn't show.

On Thursday, November 7, 2013 5:38:54 PM UTC-5, Aden wrote:
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos