10/17-10/19 Savage River - Western MD

Houli

Oct 20, 2014, 11:01:14 AM10/20/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Did a little camping and fly fishing with a buddy in western Maryland last weekend. It's just shy of 3 hours from Leesburg and well worth the trek. We setup shop at the campsites on the lower Savage River around 6:00PM Friday and fished the lower and upper savage rivers all day Saturday and Sunday morning with some nice fish landed. We were surprised we caught all brook trout as Savage is known for it's large population of browns .... but no complaints here.

Danny Barrett

Oct 20, 2014, 12:26:10 PM10/20/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

I've been over that way a time or 2. Never been able to figure out what is the upper savage. Is it above the lake?

Dan Barrett
540-222-8064

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Houli

Carl Z.

Oct 20, 2014, 1:30:45 PM10/20/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Those were some nice looking brookies.  How was the water flow.  I have heard that it was very low this year.

namfos

Oct 21, 2014, 8:40:27 AM10/21/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
knockout coloration on the Salvelinus fontinalis!

Mark