Re: 3/18 shad report

Message has been deleted

Terry C

Mar 18, 2020, 5:24:57 PM3/18/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
On Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at 5:20:18 PM UTC-4, Terry C wrote:
> Launched the HMS Shad for the 2020 season today at Fletcher’s. Fished from 10:00. - 3:00. Covered the area well. Caught 4 hickories and one carp who thought it was a shad. River in great shape. Still a little early but I figured it was a good way to social distance

FCAD5356-EA84-4302-AD1A-8906FC8DBA39.jpeg
57D85D06-CBD4-45CE-AB62-7EC3C0DD439C.jpeg
26CBD74F-8F29-42BF-91A1-1208DE96B6B3.jpeg

Trent Jones

Mar 18, 2020, 8:21:29 PM3/18/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Grandpa Shad on the board!

-Trent

N Elgas

Mar 19, 2020, 2:53:46 PM3/19/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Pretty sure i saw you out there,  I walked out on the rocks below the cove for an hour around lunch.  No luck for me though.  this is one of those seasons were I have already started to leave the rod in the car.  shad therapy is going to be a necessity this year i think.

arthur noglak

Mar 20, 2020, 8:43:18 AM3/20/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Not bad Terry!

Art

MadDoc

Mar 20, 2020, 9:49:51 PM3/20/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Just to give updates: I was fishing at Fletcher's for 2 hours today at around 4p, hooked 7 and landed 5 hickory shad.  I used a full sinking line. They're here...

Terry C

Mar 21, 2020, 12:00:05 PM3/21/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Put the kayak in today for a few hours. One hickory for 2 hrs of fishing. Would have stayed longer but wind coming down River was enough to say f it. Going to give it a go Sunday morning.

Yambag Nelson

Mar 21, 2020, 6:11:18 PM3/21/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Slow in the afternoon as well. Nobody catching more than a couple fish. I think people got excited after the reports of fish being caught the first weekend of March and thought everything would be early. The reality is there is probably always a few fish around that early it’s just that there aren’t many people trying for them.

Run will probably be when it usually is.

Brett Kitchen

Mar 21, 2020, 6:21:24 PM3/21/20
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I brought 8 to hand and popped off 4 more on the way in, missed maybe another 3 hook sets. Fishing from the bank at the peak of low tide today for about 2 hours. I’d call this the fish of the day though

They’re there

--
http://www.tpfr.org
Very Respectfully,

Jacob Denney

Mar 21, 2020, 6:28:29 PM3/21/20
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Brett, you did a heck of a lot better than me. My take away was I could use some casting church!

--
Jacob Denney

tperkins

Mar 23, 2020, 2:16:45 PM3/23/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Had two hours yesterday morning where there was a slow but steady bite. But before and after that nothing. Ended up with ten or so out of my kayak.

Terry C

Mar 23, 2020, 5:32:00 PM3/23/20
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Nice, I’ve been alternating between trout fishing and Shad fishing.  Plan on trout fishing tomorrow.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 2:16 PM tperkins <thomas....@gmail.com> wrote:
Had two hours yesterday morning where there was a slow but steady bite. But before and after that nothing. Ended up with ten or so out of my kayak.

--
http://www.tpfr.org

namfos

Mar 24, 2020, 1:21:53 PM3/24/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Terrific photos! Those taken with a camera or a phone (what kind?)?

Mark

namfos

Mar 24, 2020, 1:22:36 PM3/24/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
What a life...;-)

Brett Kitchen

Mar 24, 2020, 1:22:54 PM3/24/20
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! They’re from an iPhone 11 Pro

--
http://www.tpfr.org

namfos

Mar 25, 2020, 9:28:16 AM3/25/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I'll keep that in mind when my iPhone 6 starts to crap out.

Mark