Honolulu

75 просмотров

cja...@gmail.com

не прочитано,
15 февр. 2019 г., 19:39:1415.02.2019
– Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Hey all,

I have a last minunte work trip to Honolulu in a few days. I’m curious if anyone had any insider tips on fishing there? A guide seems best but a bit pricy. Planned on walking beaches, but I’ve heard the locals aren’t all that friendly in certain places.

Thanks,

Chris

Denny Mac

не прочитано,
16 февр. 2019 г., 14:28:2516.02.2019
– Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Look at their fish and game site. They have stocked trout lol. I dicked around the big island casting into little coves cut into the lava rock last summer. Snagged some weird reef fish and a couple big barracuda gave chase but decided they weren't interested.

Denny Mac

не прочитано,
16 февр. 2019 г., 14:29:1016.02.2019
– Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Oh. And yes locals were dicks

Rob Snowhite

не прочитано,
17 февр. 2019 г., 10:15:2617.02.2019
– tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
We only had issue with locals on Kauai. One restaurant dropped off our food without staying anything, waitress just walked by and dropped plates. Never checked in on us, didn't refill drinks, we had to go to register to pay while locals were having the opposite treatment.

Per Oahu, I fished from Alamoana Mall to Diamond Head and back several times. We didn't have a car. The beaches fill up with Starbucks drinking tourists before sunrise and scare off the fish. I really only got into lizard fish from this stretch.

I would suggest getting a loaf of white bread and head to the park in Waikiki. You can feed monster bonefish almost by hand. Mantis shrimp seem to be the preferred food of the local bonefish.

All the beaches are public if you can access them. I only came across one fully nude person while walking the shores.

I will send you some drop pins in a private message.