New bluegill pond

arthur...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2016, 6:49:38 PM4/28/16
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
My buddy Adam has an awesome pond in his neighborhood that I tried for the first time last week. Massive blue gill and some nice largemouth were taken on boogle bugs and damsel nymphs!
image1.JPG
image4.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG

Bob Smith

Apr 28, 2016, 7:03:42 PM4/28/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Big bluegills, one of the best fights there is on a fly rod.

TurbineBlade

Apr 28, 2016, 7:05:29 PM4/28/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Those are nice.  I feel like big, fat bluegills never appear as large in pictures as they can feel in person.

The real giveaway with those pictures, is the huge. black gill covers.

Gene

arthur...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2016, 7:12:50 PM4/28/16
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
They were really fun!

Sent from my iPhone
--
http://www.tpfr.org

Sam Zimmerman

Apr 29, 2016, 9:42:26 PM4/29/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Where's the pond and is it open to public??

arthur...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2016, 7:42:10 AM4/30/16
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
The pond is in Herndon and sadly it's on private property.

Art

Sent from my iPhone
--
http://www.tpfr.org