GMCO Maps and Charts being flaky?

Miles

Aug 10, 2021, 8:02:24 AM8/10/21
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

Has anyone tried to order something from GMCO Maps and Charts lately? Did you get what you ordered?

I went in to District Angling in April looking for a Tidal Potomac chart. Ritchie told me my best bet was to order directly from the guy, so I went on his website and placed my order for that and a poster of Virginia game fish. I got an order confirmation, then... nothing. I let it go because of pandemic shipping delays and all that.

A few weeks later, I called to ask when my stuff is going to ship. He tells me it was already delivered. I'm home all day and I know my mail carrier by first name: it wasn't delivered. I say, 'okay, what was that tracking number?' He says, 'I'll send you another one."

A couple months later, I suddenly remember I still haven't seen either shipment. I try to call him again, no response. I then initiated a dispute through PayPal. He replies to again tell me the first order was delivered, and no mention of the reshipment. He says he will ship me another. I ask again, "What was the tracking number on that original shipment?" Nothing.

I'm pretty close to insisting on a refund, but I did kinda want the map. Does anybody else have recent experience ordering from them?

Miles

Aug 10, 2021, 8:13:08 AM8/10/21
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

I just realized it maybe looks like I am blaming Ritchie for steering me wrong. I apologize - that's not the case at all. I was actually grateful that he helped me figure out how to get what I needed, even if it didn't earn him a cent. I only meant to explain how I ended up trying to but the map online.

Jeff Cook

Aug 10, 2021, 9:07:41 AM8/10/21
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I believe you’ve only got 180 days from initial order before PayPal forgets all about this (and then only if you had your own PayPal account when you made the order, which you apparently did). Otherwise 30 days justifies a refund in a legal sense.

I’ve had several issues like this with other vendors during the pandemic, including twice last week. Yours is very familiar. Not sure why, but you might want to pull the plug while you still can.

On Aug 10, 2021, at 8:13 AM, 'Miles' via Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders <tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Brian Hepler

Aug 10, 2021, 10:40:49 AM8/10/21
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

They used to be available on

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 10, 2021, at 9:07 AM, 'Jeff Cook' via Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders <tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

I believe you’ve only got 180 days from initial order before PayPal forgets all about this (and then only if you had your own PayPal account when you made the order, which you apparently did). Otherwise 30 days justifies a refund in a legal sense.

Miles

Aug 12, 2021, 8:28:34 AM8/12/21
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Right - my 180 days is up next week. I'm ready to give up on the guy.