Accesați primul mesaj necitit

Paul Kalajainen

necitită,
24 mar. 2014, 10:15:2924.03.2014
– tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I went to Chain Bridge yesterday morning from about 8-12.  From all the older posts I've found it looks like we should just about be getting to the time of year that the snakeheads come back out, and the shad should be arriving any time as well (assuming this prolonged cold doesn't mess things up too much).

I didn't get anything yesterday, no takes either.  The water was moving pretty fast, so I didn't fish the main current much, mostly hit the eddys along the shore.  The fish are probably still deeper than that, but I couldn't seem to get my fly out in the deeper water.

On another note - I have this whole Saturday blocked off for fishing.  Will Fletcher's be open by this weekend?  Weather looks like it will stay kind of cold this week until Friday or Saturday too, is that going to keep the fish out of my reach this weekend?

I'm getting pretty antsy for spring, I'm sure you all are too.

Paul

Vic Velasco

necitită,
24 mar. 2014, 21:25:2324.03.2014
– tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I thought I saw on earlier posts that Fletchers opens on the 29th

There was a post that the first Hickory Shad was caught so something is out there...

You'd think with the equinox passed, the Northern Hemisphere would start heating up

Alex Binsted

necitită,
24 mar. 2014, 21:46:0724.03.2014
– tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Fletcher's will open this Saturday.  There should be a few fish to catch this weekend but it's bound to be a slow start.

On Monday, March 24, 2014 10:15:29 AM UTC-4, Paul Kalajainen wrote:

Paul Kalajainen

necitită,
25 mar. 2014, 09:21:1425.03.2014
– tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Excellent.  I saw the post about the first shad right after I posted this yesterday.  The weathermen can't seem to make up their minds whether it will rain or not on Saturday, hopefully we will have a relatively nice day!

Patrick Kearns

necitită,
27 mar. 2014, 10:45:3627.03.2014
– tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
The weather for Saturday is starting to look lousy (rain all afternoon into evening - an inch plus). Is anyone still thinking giving it a shot at Fletcher's?

I'm thinking I may still try the morning - Friday should be warm, so hopefully the water temp will get up where we want it, and the weather moving in should only help, until it actually gets here.

Paul Kalajainen

necitită,
27 mar. 2014, 10:57:5727.03.2014
– tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I'm still planning to go.  My wife works all day so it'd be a shame not to spend the free time fishing!  I'm just gonna grab a rain coat and hope for the best.
Răspundeți tuturor
Răspundeți autorului
Redirecționați
0 mesaje noi