Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

Tim Donaldson

nepřečteno,
16. 2. 2017 12:13:0116.02.17
komu: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
This has nothing to do with fishing but this cold windy weather has me cooped up and thinking about all sorts of ideas.

I want to start shooting my bow again to take advantage of the Maryland archery season this fall.  But since I live in a high-rise I don't have a viable option at my residence.  I could probably shoot at my father in laws house in Vienna, but his property isn't ideal, he has busy-body neighbors and every time I went over there I would end up getting roped into some project.  So not ideal from a time management perspective.

Any good public spots in Arlington where I could set up a target and go to town, without spooking hikers/homeowners/police/etc?

Tim

ALarge

nepřečteno,
16. 2. 2017 12:35:4516.02.17
komu: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
You might want to check out the range at Myrtle Grove WMA in La Plata, Maryland. They've got an archery setup (albeit pretty run down, last time I was out there) alongside their shotgun station and firearms range.  There is a small fee to use the facilities, but it's one of my favorite places to bring a launcher to bust some clays. While you're there you might want to bring a rod for the pond. They tossed a couple hundred trout into the lake there on 1/30/2017.
A Large

Ryan O'Banion

nepřečteno,
16. 2. 2017 12:55:5016.02.17
komu: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 12:13:01 PM UTC-5, Tim Donaldson wrote:

Tim Donaldson

nepřečteno,
16. 2. 2017 14:29:5916.02.17
komu: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks guys, both great suggestions.  I was wondering if perhaps there was something a bit closer to Arlington...perhaps not an official range but maybe a park where archery is allowed?  The thing that keeps me from shooting now is that by the time I wrap up work there's precious little daylight.  At least for the next 6-8 weeks.

Dan Kozel

nepřečteno,
16. 2. 2017 15:11:0816.02.17
komu: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I'm not a member, but if I lived closer I would probably go to this place. Looks like an outstanding facility.

On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 12:13:01 PM UTC-5, Tim Donaldson wrote:

Carl Z.

nepřečteno,
16. 2. 2017 16:59:3916.02.17
komu: tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I don't know NoVa, but the MoCo park at Lake Needwood had an outdoor range (though it might have been surplanted by the ropes course).

There are also quite a few different chapters of Izzak Walton League that have ranges.  Most are a bit of a haul.

Carl

--
Carl Zmola

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Carl Smolka

nepřečteno,
16. 2. 2017 17:22:4316.02.17
komu: tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com, carl....@verizon.net

Archery range at Lake Needwood is still in operation.

Carl S

http://www.novaarchers.org/

[...]

TurbineBlade

nepřečteno,
16. 2. 2017 17:25:3816.02.17
komu: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Beth and I went to the range at Fountainhead regularly 2 seasons back so she could prep for elk hunting that year.  Archery is a fantastic sport and to me is not far removed from the experience obtained when fly fishing.  Both are related to skills responsible for the existence of the modern human race ;).

Plus, there's no better friend to a fly tyer than a hunter who doesn't fish!

Gene

On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 4:59:39 PM UTC-5, Carl wrote:
[...]

vladimir polivanov

nepřečteno,
18. 2. 2017 14:51:5418.02.17
komu: tidal-potomac-fly-rodders
There is also a Free archery range in Adelphi, MD . On University Blvd just down the road from the University of Maryland , College Park

Vladimir ( Vo )

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 5:25 PM, TurbineBlade <doubl...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Tom T

nepřečteno,
26. 2. 2017 9:08:5026.02.17
komu: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Arlington has an ordinance against "projectile weopons" which includes archery and even sling shots. Can't even practice in your own back yard, unless you're 100 yards from a public road...easy to find in Arlington ;-)

So, no other option but driving. I've read Fort Belvoir has a range, but I've never been.

Matt S.

nepřečteno,
4. 3. 2017 6:02:0504.03.17
komu: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
NOVA archers just outside Fountainhead Park (hint: bonus fishing nearby!) is in my opinion your best bet. They have no indoor range, but they have an outdoor practice range and a fantastic walk – through 3d course. You have to be a member but the fee is reasonable if you should a lot. I am familiar with all the other places mentioned too.

I do most of my shooting at Cub Run Archers at the Izaak Walton facility in Centerville. But it doesn't sound like that's close to you, and you have to join Izaak Walton or be someone's guest. I could show you around if you're interested.
Odpovědět všem
Odpověď autorovi
Přeposlat
0 nových zpráv