Canoe Under GW Pkwy from Duck Pond to Gravelly Point and Back

Luke M.

Nov 17, 2017, 3:46:55 PM11/17/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Has anyone ever taken a kayak or canoe through that tunnel that goes under the GW parkway from the duck pond to Gravelly? I’ve considered it many times but haven’t done it yet. It looks clear, but I’d hate to get stuck in there.

Rob Snowhite

Nov 17, 2017, 4:19:38 PM11/17/17
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I went through the tunnel from Roaches to Gravelly and back at the end of outgoing tide and start of incoming.

We were on a Dave Skadden boat. Lots of spider webs across, and I don’t speak Hovitos. Spider webs were like this:
image1.jpeg

Luke M.

Nov 17, 2017, 7:27:52 PM11/17/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Sounds dicey. I think I’ll skip it for now!

Jonathan Sondej

Dec 4, 2017, 1:31:36 PM12/4/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
If only you spoke Hovitos!