Land-Locked Salmon in ME?

Brookes Outdoors

May 6, 2022, 5:28:02 PM5/6/22
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Heading to ME in mid-June to fish the Penobscot for land-locked salmon with a Hill friend who escaped DC for the Northwoods.  (So jealous!)

Any suggestions on tips, tackle and or techniques? (Expecting sedge/caddis hatches…)

Thanks,

Pete

Dr. Peter Brookes
Brookes Outdoors
Award-winning Outdoor Media
Washington, DC

Terry C

May 7, 2022, 7:27:16 AM5/7/22
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I heading up to Grants Camps in early June.  I found the Maine Fly fishing pod cast.  They have several episodes.  One on flies very helpful.

Brookes Outdoors

May 7, 2022, 7:34:44 AM5/7/22
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks…I’ll check it out.

Pete

alan burrows

May 7, 2022, 8:10:57 AM5/7/22
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I did a trip with some friends on the upper Connecticut River.  Seems Landlocked Atlantic Salmon like the same this trout do.  Normal nymphs and streamers.  Grey Ghost for that river.